Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Salad in a Mason Jar
Here is another fun Salad in a Jar Recipe! I plan on making it this week for us to enjoy.
This Mason jar salad has all of the delicious ingredients you would want in a burrito, and like a burrito, it comes in it's own perfectly portable package.
Serves: 4 servings
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. + ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, divided use
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups canned black beans
- 4 oz. shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped jicama
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Place lime juice, 2 Tbsp. cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add oil, blending continuously, until well mixed. Evenly divide dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars. Set aside.
- Evenly layer beans, chicken, jicama, radishes, onion, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, and remaining ½ cup cilantro on top of dressing in jars.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.